Designed by Certified Heating engineers the space you are warming is under the floor slab so you can enjoy no impact on the aesthetics of your living space.
Warm NZ works with Rehau, the German pipeware manufacture to offer a service unique in the underfloor heating sector in New Zealand. Pipe design is a crucial stage in your build; we work out the exact pipe design for the finished floor. Depending on the type of flooring – concrete, stone, tiles, wood, or carpet. We factor in these design parameters to achieve optimum efficiencies in your central heating system.
How does hydronic central heating compare with a ducted system?
- Health: As central heating has no forced air movement, it doesn’t cause dry eyes or stir up dust that leads to throat irritation’s or allergies like a ducted system does.
- Noise: Radiators and underfloor heating are completely silent while ducted systems create unwanted background noise
- Comfort: With hydronic central heating, you get the sun-like warmth of radiant heat and because heat rises, locating the source of heat at floor level is the most efficient and comfortable. In ducted systems, the heat coming from the ceiling is fighting physics all the time and is never as effective at heating a room
- Efficiency: Water transfers energy at four times the rate of air, meaning it requires less energy in for the amount of heat produced, so a hydronic (warm water ) central heating system is more efficient than an air system.
- Flexibility: Warm water central heating can be combined with domestic hot water production for significantly reduced costs, which can’t be done with any type of ducted air heating system.
By connecting a hot water cylinder to your heat source you can enjoy increased amounts of hot water with faster heat recovery than is available from traditional hot water systems.